General Operating Grants:
General Operating grants awards are made to provide one time supplemental funding to a qualified agency that has demonstrated a budget shortfall. Funds are restricted to operating expenses outside of salaries and must be used for designated purposes as detailed in the grant application. General Operating awards must be used during the 2018 calendar year.
- The application process for the 2018 General Operating cycle closed on August 25, 2017. The Foundations of East Chicago, is no longer accepting applications for this grant round.
- Award announcements will be released in November 2017.
Maximum grant request: $15,000.00.
- If awarded all funds must be used between: January 2018 – August 31, 2018. All expenditures must be supported by financial documentation. Any funds expended after August 31, 2018 will not be reimbursed.
Maximum of one submission per 501 (c) (3).
Municipalities or governmental taxing bodies are not eligible to apply.
- A recognized 501 (c)(3) agency in good standing with the IRS and registered in the state of Indiana
- In good standing with the Foundations of East Chicago.
Applications not meeting all of the above-listed criteria are automatically denied.
If your organization operates out of a “Home Office” (i.e. a structure that also houses a private residence) you cannot request funding for the following items:
- Rental expenses
- Utility costs
- Capital improvements to your office space
- Computers, office equipment or furniture that is kept within a home office.
- Administrative and staff salaries
- Paid Volunteers
Budget items may include the following:
- Consulting/Speaker Fees (cannot exceed 25% of grant request/maximum $3,750, requests for administrative salaries will not be funded)
- Capital improvements (roofing, furnace, air, building repairs –restricted to organizations located in East Chicago and ONLY if organization owns the building)
- Office Expenses (i.e. Supplies, equipment)
- Accounting expenses
- License Fees
- Maintenance and repairs (i.e. snow removal, trash removal, janitorial service, pest control, and lawn care) (restricted to organizations located in East Chicago)
- Attorney/legal fees
- Utilities and Insurance
- Rent/mortgage payments (restricted to organizations located in East Chicago)
- Conference expenses
Note: Other funding restrictions may apply to organizations located outside of East Chicago that offer services to East Chicago residents. Please contact Janet Wozniak, email@example.com for more information.