These scholarships are provided to adult East Chicago residents who have a high school diploma or GED and are planning to attend an accredited post-secondary educational/trade institution in the specified academic year.
These scholarships fall into three categories:
- Non-Traditional Scholarship -For those individuals who have a high school diploma/GED and have been out of school for at least one year.
- Trade/Other – For those individuals seeking a certification or apprenticeship in a trade or technical field.
- Continuing Education -For individuals who already have a degree but are seeking an additional certification, Masters or Doctoral degree.
An applicant MUST meet the following prerequisites at the time of application submission to be eligible for consideration:
- Resident of the City of East Chicago.
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative G.P.A.
- Copy of full FAFSA Report
- Submit a 250-300 word essay: topic explained in the Scholarship Application.
- Provide two proofs of residency. (i.e. State/government issued ID, copy of utility bill).
We are not accepting applications at this time.