These scholarships are provided to adult East Chicago residents who have a high school diploma or GED and are planning to attend an accredited post-secondary educational/trade institution in the specified academic year.
These scholarships fall into three categories:
- Non-Traditional Scholarship -For those individuals who have a high school diploma/GED and have been out of school for at least one year.
- Trade/Other – For those individuals seeking a certification or apprenticeship in a trade or technical field.
- Continuing Education -For individuals who already have a degree but are seeking an additional certification, Masters or Doctoral degree.
An applicant MUST meet the following prerequisites at the time of application submission to be eligible for consideration:
- Resident of the City of East Chicago.
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative G.P.A.
- Copy of full FAFSA Report
- Submit a 250-300 word essay: topic explained in the Scholarship Application.
- Provide two proofs of residency. (i.e. State/government issued ID, copy of utility bill).
The 2018-2019 Scholarship application will be available via this website Fall of 2017. Check back regularly for updates and deadlines.
Subscribe to Our E-Newsletter
It is no secret that, without donors, many nonprofits would become obsolete. Donors are some of the most important people in the nonprofit world, which is why more nonprofits should focus on donor acquisition. Obtaining [...]