These scholarships are provided to college-bound high school students who are residents of East Chicago and have a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA. Students must also be involved in school and community leadership activities and exhibit qualities of high character and integrity.
An applicant MUST meet the following prerequisites at the time of application submission to be eligible for consideration:
- The resident of the City of East Chicago.
- High School student on track to graduate with high school diploma at the end of the current academic year.
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative G.P.A.
- Submit two letters of recommendations from individuals (no relatives) that can demonstrate evidence of the student’s character, leadership, and integrity. Where appropriate, letterhead must be used, dated and signed.
- Community Service Form(s) reflecting 20 hours of community service.
- Submit a 250-300 word essay: topic explained in the Scholarship Application
- A copy of full FAFSA Report.
- Official copy of latest high school transcript.
- Provide proof of residency which can be one of the following:
- A state or government issued photo ID with name and address.
- Mail from a college or university with name and address.
- High School transcript with address listed
- Be available for a formal interview with the Scholarship Committee if needed.
The 2018-2019 Scholarship application will be available via this website this Fall. Check back regularly for updates and deadlines.
Subscribe to Our E-Newsletter
It is no secret that, without donors, many nonprofits would become obsolete. Donors are some of the most important people in the nonprofit world, which is why more nonprofits should focus on donor acquisition. Obtaining [...]