These scholarships are provided to college-bound high school students who are residents of East Chicago and have a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA. Students must also be involved in school and community leadership activities and exhibit qualities of high character and integrity.
An applicant MUST meet the following prerequisites at the time of application submission to be eligible for consideration:
- The resident of the City of East Chicago.
- High School student on track to graduate with high school diploma at the end of the current academic year.
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative G.P.A.
- Submit two letters of recommendations from individuals (no relatives) that can demonstrate evidence of the student’s character, leadership, and integrity. Where appropriate, letterhead must be used, dated and signed.
- Community Service Form(s) reflecting 20 hours of community service.
- Submit a 250-300 word essay: topic explained in the Scholarship Application
- A copy of full FAFSA Report.
- Official copy of latest high school transcript.
- Provide proof of residency which can be one of the following:
- A state or government issued photo ID with name and address.
- Mail from a college or university with name and address.
- High School transcript with address listed
- Be available for a formal interview with the Scholarship Committee if needed.
The 2017-2018 Scholarship Application Date Monday, October 16 – Friday, December 1st at 12 Pm.
Click Here To View The Application
Subscribe to Our E-Newsletter
Northwest Indiana nonprofits should be making the most of their online communication efforts. Here are some tips for successfully communicating with your audiences on a digital platform.