- Applications available on-line beginning December 4, 2017.
- Applications due January 8, 2018 by 12:00 p.m. (noon) CST. Applications received after the deadline are ineligible for funding.
- Award announcements will be released in March 2018.
The Foundations of East Chicago (FEC) is proud to announce over $500,000 in grant funding to local nonprofits that are making a difference in our community. Grant recipients were selected based on applications submitted during the program grant round that support at least one of FEC’s focus areas: education/job training, community enrichment, health and safety.
This was a competitive process and the 2017 grant awards best reflect the vision and mission of FEC focused on enriching the lives of East Chicago residents of all ages. We are thrilled at the level of interest and the quality of the grant requests we received. This year’s grants were chosen from among 36 applications submitted requesting over $963,894 in funding requests.
Agencies selected addressed a broad range of community needs including the arts, education, job training, resources for food, and shelter and healthy living. We encourage everyone to join us in supporting these grantees as they strive to make a difference in our community.
The Foundations of East Chicago awarded grants to the following organizations:
- Boy Scouts of America Pathway to Adventure Council – East Chicago Scoutreach. Preparing young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetime by instilling the values of the Scout Oath and Law. For additional information, please contact Ms. Przewoznik at 312-421-8800 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit their website at http://www.pathwaytoadventure.org.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Indiana, Inc. – CAMP Tomorrow: Empowering Minds, Inspiring Leadership, Facilitating. CAMP Tomorrow is a 10 week summer program that will effectively support the education and development of youth ages 6-18. For additional information, please contact Mr. Drummond at 219-881-1060 or by email at email@example.com. Or visit their website at http://www.bgcnwi.org.
- Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus of Ind. – Special Needs Enrichment Program. This is a specialized program to assist disabled and challenged children who presently live at the home to meet their full potential. For additional information, please contact Ms. Giannini at 219-397-1085 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit their website at http://www.carmelitehome.org.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Gary, Inc. – Homeless Prevention and Immigration Services. This program will provide assistance with emergency rental/mortgage (up to 3 months past due) for at risk East Chicago families facing eviction or foreclosure. Program also includes assisting undocumented individuals and families. For additional information, please contact Mrs. Jones-Taylor at 219-886-3549 or by email at email@example.com. Or visit website at http://www.catholic-charities.org.
- Concerned Calumet Citizens Committee – Calumet Day 2017 – The Calumet Day Weekend Celebration is an annual event that gathers families, friends, and neighbors to enjoy a weekend of community festivities and recognition. For additional information, please contact Mrs. Williams at 219-397-1837 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit their website at http://www.calumetday.org.
- East Chicago Public Library – Reading by Design – A summer reading program encouraging students from grades 1-12th and adults to read. For additional information, please contact Ms. Bartusiewicz at 219-397-2453 or by email at email@example.com. Or visit to their website at http://www.ecpl.org/
- First Baptist Church, Inc. – Break the Silence Stop the Violence – A program designed to bring awareness to youth and build trust with the law enforcement community. The program stresses the importance of community involvement to minimize crime in the neighborhoods. For additional information, please contact Pastor Sloss at 219-398-0758 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit their website at http://www.Firstbaptist-Ec.org
- Friends and Family of New Addition – New Addition Day “We are Family” Celebration – The weekend is an opportunity for former and current residents, families and friends to come together spiritually, personally and mentally. For additional information, please contact Mrs. Blake-King at 219-256-1770 or by email at email@example.com.
- Grace Beyond Borders NWI, Inc. – A Hand Up, Not a Hand Out – This program offers a fully integrated set of wrap around and repositioned services for homeless and drug addicted citizens. For additional information, please contact Mr. Martin at 219-398-2939 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit their website at http://www.gracebeyondborders.org.
- Greater Destiny Bible Church – WOW Fest – A community outreach event that focuses on youth, community and families throughout the Tri-City areas with emphasis on education, training and community activities. It is a highly regarded music festival. For additional information, please contact Ms. Haley at 219-433-1943 or by email at Ishalhaley@gmail.com. Or visit their website at http://www.greaterdestinybc.org/
- Healthy East Chicago, Inc. – Moms Taking Charge – This program functions as a practical intervention/support system designed to assist families coping with stressful occurrences; regain balance; advance to a more productive state of well-being, while keeping the family unit together. For additional information, please contact Ms. Berry at 219-397-6863 or by email at JBerry@healthyec.org.
- Indiana Dunes Environmental Learning Center, Inc. – Dunes Learning Center Environmental Education Experiences for East Chicago Students – The Dunes Learning Center educators will engage students from East Chicago in a variety of environmental education experiences which include students in citizen science explorations, combining STEM learning with community engagement, as students develop solutions to real-world problems facing their community. For additional information, please contact Ms. Sandi Weindling at 219-395-9555 or by email at email@example.com. Or visit their website at http://www.duneslearningcenter.org.
- Indiana Sailing Association, Inc. – East Chicago Youth Lake Michigan Basics – Students will practice basic boating skills and fundamental safety practices on Lake Michigan. Participants will learn STEM subject matter and basic watercraft functions on land and practice out on the water under close adult supervision. For additional information, please contact Mr. Barrow at 219-989-2459 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit their website at http://www.indianasailing.org.
- International Institute of Northwest Indiana, Inc. – Resources for Positive Impact (RPI) – This program will provide resources to help clients with naturalization, ESL, literacy, grammar classes, computer classes, college readiness tutoring, mentoring, life skills and parenting classes. For additional information, please contact Ms. Niksch at 219-980-4636 or by email at email@example.com. Or visit their website at http://www.icanwi.org.
- Leon Kendrick Youth Voices United of East Chicago, Inc. – Visual & Performing Arts Program – This program will provide art, music, dance, and drama classes to the youth in East Chicago. For additional information, please contact Ms. Davis at 888-628-2652 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit their website at http://www.lkyvu.org.
- Mission of Jesus Christ Non-Denominational Church – Alternatives to Bridging the Gap (Alternatives). The primary goal of this summer and after-school program is to increase levels of educational attainment. For additional information, please contact Mr. Dahl at 219-670-4693 or by email at email@example.com.
- Nazareth Home (Ancilla Systems Incorporated) – The Power of One – The Power of One is a program to help those involved with children, including Nazareth Home staff and volunteers, understand that they alone can make a significant difference in the life of a child. For additional information, please contact Ms. Sanders at 219-616-6690 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit their website at http://www.nazarethhome.com.
- Parents as Teachers of Lake County, Inc. – Ready to Soar East Chicago – School Readiness Academy – This is a school readiness and transition program for incoming kindergarten children, their parents and their schools provided through both school and home-based services as they prepare together to enter kindergarten in the fall. For additional information, please contact Ms. Smith at 219-228-2571 or by email at email@example.com. Or visit their website at http://www.ELPnwi.org.
- Robertson Child Development Center, Inc. – STEM 2017 – This program will allow the implementation of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) activities in the classroom. For additional information, please contact Ms. Dix at 219-398-7232 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit their website at http://www.qualitychildcarenwindiana.com.
- Safe Haven Ministries Corporation – YEP (Youth Empowerment Project) – YEP is a positive youth development initiative designed to break the cycle of generational poverty by equipping East Chicago youth between the ages of 16-21 with transferable skills that will begin the developmental process required for one to be “work ready”. For additional information, please contact Reverend Johnson at 219-398-9810 or by email at email@example.com.
- Sociedad Cultural Y Civica La Reforma – Night of Latin Culture – This program is a complete cultural affair entailing an art exhibit, ethnic food, live music, face painting and cultural games. Numerous professional, talented performers and artists travel from across the Midwest and the nation to perform in front of a live audience. For additional information, please contact Mrs. Bolaños at 219-378-9000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit their website at http://www.scclr.org.
- Teens In Action, Inc. – Reading, Math, Arts and Sights – This program includes a math camp for children in the 2nd to the 4th grade, a rites of passage program for young ladies 13 to 18 years old and dance for children 5 to 14 years old. Youth are required to read at least one book a month. For additional information, please contact Ms. Spann at 219-397-5117 or by email at email@example.com.
- The Crossing National, Inc. – The Crossing School of Business and Entrepreneurship in East Chicago – This program works with East Chicago’s most struggling high school students and dropouts. Students who attend the Crossing of East Chicago will develop the tools and skills they need to be successful and flourishing adults. Crossing graduates will graduate with their basic Indiana high school non-waiver diploma. For additional information, please contact Ms. Hasbrook at 574-226-0671 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit their website at http://www.crossingcec.com.
- The Salvation Army – Heartline Feeding Program – Offers a hot lunch five days a week to East Chicago residents. Clients participating in this program include a broad segment of East Chicago residents – including the homeless, senior citizens, young families and everyone in between. For additional information, please contact Mrs. Marin at 219-398-2939 or by email at Leta_Marin@usc.salvationarmy.org. Or visit their website at http://www.salarmyeastchicago.org.
- Top 20, Inc. – Top 20 II – This program is designed to prepare teenage girls to make constructive life choices and empower them to become productive members of society. Through dance, participants experience self-expression and exercise in a fun atmosphere while also learning about nutrition. For additional information, please contact Mrs. Upshaw-Royal at 517-349-1312 or by email at email@example.com. Or visit their website at http://www.top20inc.org.
Subscribe to Our E-Newsletter
It is no secret that, without donors, many nonprofits would become obsolete. Donors are some of the most important people in the nonprofit world, which is why more nonprofits should focus on donor acquisition. Obtaining [...]