2017 Sustaining Grants:
Sustaining Grant (Operating Grants) awards are made to provide one time supplemental funding to a qualified agency that has demonstrated a budget shortfall. Funds are restricted to operating expenses outside of salaries and must be used for designated purposes as detailed in the grant application.
The Foundations of East Chicago is proud to announce the Sustaining Grant Awards for 2017. Thirty one grant applications were approved totaling $368,568.
Sustaining Grants are funds that are restricted to operating expenses outside of salaries.
Decisions were not easy, but the initiatives chosen were those that closely resemble the purpose of this funding cycle.
The following local non-profit organizations were approved:
- Boy Scouts of America
- Boys & Girls Club of Northwest Indiana, Inc.
- Carmelite Home of the Divine
- Catholic Charities
- Communities in Schools of East Chicago
- Concerned Calumet Citizens Committee
- East Chicago Little League
- Enterprise Development & Management Corporation
- Faith Temple Church of God in Christ, Inc.
- Feed My Sheep Resource Center
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
- First Baptist Church of East Chicago
- Grace Beyond Borders Outreach Center
- Greater Destiny Bible Church
- Healthy East Chicago (HEC)
- Holy Trinity Croatian Church
- House of Glory Word Outreach Center
- Indiana Sailing Association
- International Community Alliance
- JE Wade Ministries
- Meals on Wheels
- Mission of Jesus Christ Church
- Nazareth Home
- Parents as Teachers of Lake County Inc.
- PATH, Inc.
- Robertson Child Development Center
- Salvation Army East Chicago
- St. Mary Church
- St. Nicholas Romanian Catholic Church
- Top 20, Inc.
- We Care From the Heart