2023 General Operating Overview
General Grant Information
The Foundations of East Chicago defines an operating budget as the funds an organization needs for daily operating expenses during a calendar or fiscal year. That includes allocations for office equipment, supplies, utilities, rent/mortgage payments and all other expenses associated with the daily operation of an organization.
- Applications will be available on-line beginning August 1, 2022.
- Applications are due August 22, 2022.
- An application received after the deadline will be ineligible for funding.
- Award announcements will be released late October 2022.
All organizations must submit their 2021 and 2022 Organization’s Operating Budget. (Click here for the 2021 and 2022 Organization’s Operating Budget form).
You can modify this form to meet your needs, or you can use your own 2021 and 2022 Operating Budget already approved by your Board of Directors.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- A recognized 501(c)3 agency in good standing with the IRS (Internal Revenue Service).
- In good standing with the Foundations of East Chicago.
- Maximum of one submission per 501 (c) 3.
- Municipalities or governmental taxing bodies are not eligible to apply.
- Organizations that operate out of a “Home Office,” are not eligible to apply.
Applications not meeting all the above-listed criteria are automatically disqualified.
Maximum amount requested cannot exceed $15,000.
- The following attachments are required:
- Capital Improvements over $10,000 must include two proposals from independent contractors.
- If requesting computers, printers, or any equipment, please provide quotes/estimates of cost. Computers can only be requested once every 3 years.
- Organization’s 2021 and 2022 Operating Budget.
If awarded, the following conditions must be met:
- All funds must be spent between January 1, 2023 – August 31, 2023.
- All expenditures must be supported by financial documentation.
- All receipts submitted must be dated prior to or on August 31, 2023.
All information must be detailed. Incomplete narratives or descriptions of budget items and any other required information left blank/unanswered will disqualify this application.
||FEC WILL NOT FUND THE FOLLOWING:
|Service providers (i.e., CPA, IT, Web design and maintenance)
||Speaker fees, workshops, and conferences
|Contractors – must be licensed and bonded
||Funds to obtain a 501 (c) 3
|Lease, mortgage, and rent (ONLY FOR EAST CHICAGO BASED NONPROFITS)
||Salaries, wages, consulting fees, and stipends
|General maintenance & minor Property Repairs (i.e., light bulbs, air filter, and furnace maintenance)
||Landscaping and marquees
|Basic Office Supplies (i.e., pens, pencils, paper, ink, stapler/staples, scissors, note pads, and paper clips)
||Membership fees and cell phones
|PPE Supplies (i.e., gloves, face masks, hand sanitizer, wipes, and Lysol)
||Storage rental and home office
|Utilities, telephone, internet, and water bills
|Office Equipment Purchases/Lease (i.e., fax machines, copiers, furniture, and calculators)
Note: This is not an all-inclusive list. Other items may be excluded.
You must use the same wording that is used under “Considered Expenditures” throughout your application.
Note: Other funding restrictions may apply. Please contact Janet Wozniak, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2023 General Operating Grants:
General Operating grant awards are made to provide one-time supplemental funding to a qualified agency that has demonstrated a budget shortfall. Funds are restricted to operating expenses outside of salaries and must be used for designated purposes as detailed in the grant application. Grants must be used during the 2023 calendar year.
The following organizations were awarded General Operating grants for 2023. The total award amount: $246,000.00.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Gary, Inc.
- Communities in Schools of East Chicago, Inc.
- First Baptist Church, Inc.
- Grace Beyond Borders NWI, Inc.
- Grace Missionary Baptist Church of East Chicago, IN
- Greater Destiny Bible Church
- Greater First Baptist Church
- Iglesia Cristiana Pentecostes
- International Institute of Northwest Indiana, Inc.
- Mission of Jesus Christ Church Non-Denominational Church, Inc.
- New Horizons Child Care Ministry, Inc.
- New Twin City Ministerial Alliance
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
- Paying it Forward, Inc.
- Robertson Child Development Center, Inc.
- Safe Coalition for Human Rights
- Saint John African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Saint Luke African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Saint Mark African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Saint Mary’s Church
- St. Patrick Church
- St. Stanislaus Church
- St. Stanislaus School
- The Salvation Army East Chicago
- Teens in Action, Inc.
- Witnessing Community Development Corporation