2022 General Operating Overview
General Grant Information
The Foundations of East Chicago defines an operating budget as funding an organization needs for daily operating expenses during a calendar or fiscal year. That includes allocations for office equipment, supplies, utilities, rent/mortgage payments and all other expenses associated with the daily operation of an organization.
- Applications available on-line beginning August 2, 2021.
- Applications are due August 23, 2021.
- An application received after the deadline will be ineligible for funding.
- Award announcements will be released late October 2021.
2022 General Operating Grant Application is now closed.
All organizations must submit their 2020 and 2021 Organization’s Operating Budget. (Click here for the 2020 and 2021 Organization’s Operating Budget form). You can modify this form to meet your needs.
Or you can use your own 2020 and 2021 Operating Budget already approved by your Board of Directors.
Maximum request amount
If awarded, the following must be met:
- All funds must be used between January 1, 2022 – August 31, 2022.
- All expenditures must be supported by financial documentation.
- Any funds expended after August 31, 2022 will not be reimbursed.
- Maximum of one submission per 501(c)3.
- Municipalities or governmental taxing bodies are not eligible to apply.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- A recognized 501(c)3 agency in good standing with the IRS
- Registered with the State of Indiana
- Good standings with the Foundations of East Chicago
Please note, applications that do not meet ALL of the above listed criteria will be disqualified.
- If applicable, all information must be properly entered and submitted by the deadline date. The following attachments must be provided:
- Request for Capital Improvements over $10,000 should include two proposals from independent contractors. Must also provide proof that contractors are licensed and bonded.
- If requesting computers, printers or any equipment, please provide proof of cost.
- 2020 and 2021 Operating Budget.
2. Organizations that operate out of a “Home Office,” are not eligible for funding.
||FEC WILL NOT FUND THE FOLLOWING:
|CPA – must be certified – show proof
|Contractors – must be licensed and bonded
|Lease, mortgage and rent
|General maintenance & property repairs
||Funds to obtain a 501 ( c )3
|Office supplies/PPE supplies
||Salaries, wages, and stipends
|Computers, Printers & Software
Note: This is not an all-inclusive list. Other items may be excluded.
You must use the same wording that is used under “Considered Expenditures” throughout your application.
INCOMPLETE NARRATIVES, DESCRIPTIONS OF BUDGET ITEMS AND ANY OTHER BLANK SPACES WILL DISQUALIFY THIS APPLICATION
Note: Other funding restrictions may apply. Please contact Janet Wozniak, email@example.com for more information.
Failure to do or follow the above will automatically disqualify the application.
2022 General Operating Grants:
General Operating grant awards are made to provide one-time supplemental funding to a qualified agency that has demonstrated a budget shortfall. Funds are restricted to operating expenses outside of salaries and must be used for designated purposes as detailed in the grant application. Grants must be used during the 2022 calendar year.
The following organizations were awarded General Operating grants for 2022. The total award amount: $324,717.00.
- Boys & Girls Club of NWI, Inc.
- Communities in Schools of East Chicago, Inc.
- Community Fellowship Outreach Ministries, Inc.
- First Baptist Church, Inc.
- Fresh Oil Ministries
- Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, Inc.
- God’s Word in Action Ministries International
- Grace Beyond Borders NWI, Inc.
- Grace Missionary Baptist Church of East Chicago, Inc.
- Haven House, Inc.
- Healthy East Chicago, Inc.
- Iglesia Cristiana Pentecostes, Inc.
- Iglesia Shalom
- Mental Health America of Lake County, Inc.
- Ministerio Torre Fuerte, Inc.
- New Life Outreach Church Ministries
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
- Paying it Forward, Inc.
- Safe Coalition for Human Rights, Inc.
- Saint John African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Saint Luke African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Saint Mark African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Saint Mary’s Church
- St. Patrick Church
- The Salvation Army East Chicago
- Top 20, Inc.
- Witnessing Community Development Corporation