2020 General Operating Grants:
General Operating grant awards are made to provide one-time supplemental funding to a qualified agency that has demonstrated a budget shortfall. Funds are restricted to operating expenses outside of salaries and must be used for designated purposes as detailed in the grant application. Grants must be used during the 2020 calendar year.
The 2020 General Operating Grant funding round is now closed.
The following organizations were awarded General Operating grants for 2020.
- Boys & Girls Club of Northwest Indiana
- Communities in Schools of Lake County
- Concerned Calumet Citizens Committee
- East Chicago Little League
- First Baptist Church
- Gods Word in Action Ministries International
- Grace Beyond Borders
- Grace Missionary Baptist Church of East Chicago
- Greater Destiny Bible Church
- Greater First Baptist Church of East Chicago
- Haven House
- Healthy East Chicago
- Holy Trinity Croatian Church
- International Community Alliance
- Meals on Wheels of Northwest Indiana
- Meek Ministries of Christ Incorporated
- Mental Health America of Lake County
- Mission of Jesus Christ Church
- The Nazareth Home – Ancilla Systems
- New Horizons Child Care Ministry
- New Second Baptist Church
- The New Twin City Ministerial Alliance
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
- St. John AMEC – Turner Chapel
- St. Joseph’s Carmelite Home for Girls
- St. Luke African Methodist Episcopal Church
- St. Mark African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- St. Mary’s Church
- St. Nicholas Catholic Byzantine Church
- St. Stanislaus Church
- St. Stanislaus School
- Teens in Action
- The Salvation Army
- Top 20, Inc
- United Charitable
- We Care from the Heart Incorporation
Maximum grant request: $15,000.00.
- If awarded all funds must be used between: January 1st – August 31st. All expenditures must be supported by financial documentation. Any funds expended after August 31st will not be reimbursed.
Maximum of one submission per 501 (c) (3).
Municipalities or governmental taxing bodies are not eligible to apply.
- A recognized 501 (c)(3) agency in good standing with the IRS and registered in the state of Indiana.
- In good standing with the Foundations of East Chicago.
Applications not meeting all of the above-listed criteria are automatically denied.
If your organization operates out of a “Home Office” (i.e. a structure that also houses a private residence) you cannot request funding for the following items:
- Rental expenses
- Utility costs
- Capital improvements to your office space
- Computers, office equipment or furniture that is kept within a home office.
- Administrative and staff salaries
- Paid Volunteers
Budget items may include the following:
- Capital improvements (roofing, furnace, air, building repairs –restricted to organizations located in East Chicago and ONLY if organization owns the building)
- Office Expenses (i.e. Supplies, equipment)
- Accounting expenses
- License Fees
- Maintenance and repairs (i.e. snow removal, trash removal, janitorial service, pest control, and lawn care) (restricted to organizations located in East Chicago)
- Attorney/legal fees
- Utilities and Insurance
- Rent/mortgage payments (restricted to organizations located in East Chicago)
- Conference expenses
Note: Other funding restrictions may apply. Please contact the office for more information at (219) 392-4225.