2021 General Operating Overview
General Grant Information
The Foundations of East Chicago defines an operating budget as funding an organization needs for daily operating expenses during a calendar or fiscal year. That includes allocations for office equipment, supplies, utilities, rent/mortgage payments and all other expenses associated with the daily operation of an organization.
- Applications available on-line beginning August 3, 2020.
- Applications are due August 24, 2020.
2021 General Operating application and the Organizational Budget are now available by clicking the links below.
Maximum request amount
If awarded, the following must be met:
- All funds must be used between January 1, 2021 – August 31, 2021.
- All expenditures must be supported by financial documentation.
- Any funds expended after August 31, 2021 will not be reimbursed.
- Maximum of one submission per 501(c)3.
- Municipalities or governmental taxing bodies are not eligible to apply.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- A recognized 501(c)3 agency in good standing with the IRS
- Registered with the State of Indiana
- Good standings with the Foundations of East Chicago
Please note, applications that do not meet ALL of the above listed criteria will be disqualified.
- If applicable, all information must be properly entered and submitted by the deadline date. The following attachments must be provided:
- Request for Capital Improvements over $10,000 should include two proposals from independent contractors. Must also provide proof that contractors are licensed and bonded.
- If requesting computers, printers or any equipment, please provide proof of cost.
- 2019 and 2020 Operating Budget.
2. Organizations that operate out of a “Home Office,” are not eligible for funding.
|CONSIDERED EXPENDITURES||FEC WILL NOT FUND THE FOLLOWING:|
|CPA – must be certified – show proof||Workshops|
|Contractors – must be licensed and bonded||Conferences|
|Lease, mortgage and rent||Speaker fees|
|General maintenance & property repairs||Funds to obtain a 501 ( c )3|
|Office supplies/PPE supplies||Salaries, wages, and stipends|
|Permit Fees||Storage rental|
|Computers, Printers & Software||Billboards/advertising/flyers/
Note: This is not an all-inclusive list. Other items may be excluded.
You must use the same wording that is used under “Considered Expenditures” throughout your application.
INCOMPLETE NARRATIVES, DESCRIPTIONS OF BUDGET ITEMS AND ANY OTHER BLANK SPACES WILL DISQUALIFY THIS APPLICATION
Note: Other funding restrictions may apply. Please contact Janet Wozniak, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Failure to do or follow the above will automatically disqualify the application.
2020 General Operating Grants:
General Operating grant awards are made to provide one-time supplemental funding to a qualified agency that has demonstrated a budget shortfall. Funds are restricted to operating expenses outside of salaries and must be used for designated purposes as detailed in the grant application. Grants must be used during the 2020 calendar year.
The 2020 General Operating Grant funding round is now closed.
The following organizations were awarded General Operating grants for 2020.
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Northwest Indiana
- Communities in Schools of Lake County
- Concerned Calumet Citizens Committee
- East Chicago Little League
- First Baptist Church
- Gods Word in Action Ministries International
- Grace Beyond Borders
- Grace Missionary Baptist Church of East Chicago
- Greater Destiny Bible Church
- Greater First Baptist Church of East Chicago
- Haven House
- Healthy East Chicago
- Holy Trinity Croatian Church
- International Community Alliance
- Meals on Wheels of Northwest Indiana
- Meek Ministries of Christ Incorporated
- Mental Health America of Lake County
- Mission of Jesus Christ Church
- The Nazareth Home – Ancilla Systems
- New Horizons Child Care Ministry
- New Second Baptist Church
- The New Twin City Ministerial Alliance
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
- St. John AMEC – Turner Chapel
- St. Joseph’s Carmelite Home for Girls
- St. Luke African Methodist Episcopal Church
- St. Mark African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- St. Mary’s Church
- St. Nicholas Catholic Byzantine Church
- St. Stanislaus Church
- St. Stanislaus School
- Teens in Action
- The Salvation Army
- Top 20, Inc
- United Charitable – Athletes for Charity
- We Care from the Heart Incorporation