These scholarships are provided to college-bound high school students who are residents of East Chicago and have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA (2 year applicants) and 2.5 cumulative GPA (4 year applicants). Students must also be involved in school and community leadership activities and exhibit qualities of high character and integrity.
Deadline to apply: February 19, 2021 | 4 pm (cst)
An applicant MUST meet the following prerequisites at the time of application submission to be eligible for consideration:
- A resident of the City of East Chicago.
- High School student on track to graduate with high school diploma at the end of the current academic year.
- Minimum 2.0 G.P.A (2 year applicants) and 2.5 cumulative G.P.A.(4 year applicants)
- Submit two letters of recommendations from individuals (no relatives) that can demonstrate evidence of the student’s character, leadership, and integrity. Where appropriate, letterhead must be used, dated and signed.
- Submit a minimum 250 word essay: topic explained in the Scholarship Application.
- Must submit a copy of your full FAFSA report that lists the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC).
- Must submit a copy of your latest high school transcript that shows the applicant’s overall G.P.A.
- Provide proof of residency which can be one of the following:
- A state or government issued photo ID with name and address.
- Mail from a college or university with name and address.
- High School transcript with an address listed
- Be available for a formal interview with the Scholarship Committee if needed.
2020 High School Recipients
High School Scholarship – College/University
Bishop Noll Institute:
Kelly Williams, Jr.
East Chicago Central High School:
Baudelio Lozano, Jr.
Jorge Martinez, Jr.
Javier Rivera, Jr.
Gary Lighthouse Preparatory Academy:
Hammond Academy of Science & Technology:
Mia Nava Juan Sepulveda
Morton High School:
Whiting High School:
High School Scholarship – Trade
East Chicago Central High School
East Chicago Central High School (The Crossing)
Whiting High School