These scholarships are provided to college-bound high school students who are residents of East Chicago and have a minimum 2.0 cumulative G.P.A (trade) or a 2.5 cumulative G.P.A (college). Students must also be involved in school and community leadership activities and exhibit qualities of high character and integrity.
An applicant MUST meet the following prerequisites at the time of application submission to be eligible for consideration:
- A resident of the City of East Chicago
- Provide two proofs of residency which can be any of the following:
- A state or government issued photo ID with name and address.
- Mail from a college or university with name and address.
- High School transcript with address listed
- High School student (junior graduating early or senior) on track to graduate with high school diploma at the end of the current academic year.
- Minimum 2.0 G.P.A (2 year applicants) and 2.5 cumulative G.P.A. (4 year applicants)
- Must submit a copy of your latest high school transcript that shows the overall G.P.A.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals (no relatives or friends) that can demonstrate evidence of the student’s character, leadership, and integrity. Where appropriate, letterhead must be used, dated and signed.
- Submit an essay (topic explained in the Scholarship Application)
- Be available for a formal interview with the Scholarship Committee if needed.
An applicant may be disqualified if information submitted is found to be incorrect or incomplete.
Please check back in Fall 2022 for the Scholarship Application.
The Foundations of East Chicago does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, marital status or parental status, sexual orientation or disability. Applicants may be asked to provide information about their gender and age. This information is used only for statistical purposes. The Foundations of East Chicago does not share or release any data or information with any other organization.
2022 High School Recipients
High School Scholarship – College/University
Bishop Noll Institute:
East Chicago Central High School:
Hammond Academy of Science & Technology:
Whiting High School:
High School Scholarship – Trade
East Chicago Central High School
Citali Garcia Padron