These scholarships are provided to college-bound high school students who are residents of East Chicago and have a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA. Students must also be involved in school and community leadership activities and exhibit qualities of high character and integrity.
The FEC Scholarship Application Dates: November 20, 2020- February 19, 2021
An applicant MUST meet the following prerequisites at the time of application submission to be eligible for consideration:
- A resident of the City of East Chicago.
- High School student on track to graduate with high school diploma at the end of the current academic year.
- Minimum 2.0 G.P.A (2 year applicants) and 2.5 cumulative G.P.A.(4 year applicants)
- Submit two letters of recommendations from individuals (no relatives) that can demonstrate evidence of the student’s character, leadership, and integrity. Where appropriate, letterhead must be used, dated and signed.
- Submit a minimum 250 word essay: topic explained in the Scholarship Application. Due by January 22, 2021
- Must submit a copy of your full FAFSA report that lists the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC).
- Must submit a copy of your latest high school transcript that shows the applicant’s overall G.P.A.
- Provide proof of residency which can be one of the following:
- A state or government issued photo ID with name and address.
- Mail from a college or university with name and address.
- High School transcript with an address listed
- Be available for a formal interview with the Scholarship Committee if needed.
2020 High School Recipients
High School Scholarship – College/University
Bishop Noll Institute:
Kelly Williams, Jr.
East Chicago Central High School:
Baudelio Lozano, Jr.
Jorge Martinez, Jr.
Javier Rivera, Jr.
Gary Lighthouse Preparatory Academy:
Hammond Academy of Science & Technology:
Mia Nava Juan Sepulveda
Morton High School:
Whiting High School:
High School Scholarship – Trade
East Chicago Central High School
East Chicago Central High School (The Crossing)
Whiting High School