These scholarships are provided to adult East Chicago residents who have a high school diploma or GED and are planning to attend an accredited post-secondary educational/trade institution in the specified academic year.
These scholarships fall into three categories:
- Non-Traditional Scholarship -For those individuals who have a high school diploma/GED and have been out of school for at least one year.
- Trade/Other – For those individuals seeking a certification or apprenticeship in a trade or technical field.
- Continuing Education -For individuals who already have a degree but are seeking an additional certification, Masters or Doctoral degree.
An applicant MUST meet the following prerequisites at the time of application submission to be eligible for consideration:
- A resident of the City of East Chicago
- Provide proof of residency which can be one of the following:
- A state or government issued photo ID with name and address.
- Mail from a college or university with name and address.
- Utility Bill
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A
- Must submit a copy of your latest school transcript (within the last 5 years) that shows the overall G.P.A.
- Submit an essay (topic explained in the Scholarship Application)
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals (no relatives or friends) that can demonstrate evidence of the student’s character, leadership, and integrity. Where appropriate, letterhead must be used, dated and signed.
An applicant may be disqualified if information submitted is found to be incorrect or incomplete.
The Foundations of East Chicago does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, marital status or parental status, sexual orientation or disability. Applicants may be asked to provide information about their gender and age. This information is used only for statistical purposes. The Foundations of East Chicago does not share or release any data or information with any other organization.
The application is available from : October 1, 2021-December 3, 2021
2021 Non-Traditional, Continuing Education, Trade Scholarship