These scholarships are provided to adult East Chicago residents who have a high school diploma or GED and are planning to attend an accredited post-secondary educational/trade institution in the specified academic year.
The FEC Scholarship Application deadline has now passed. Please check back in the Fall for our 2020 Scholarship Application.
These scholarships fall into three categories:
- Non-Traditional Scholarship -For those individuals who have a high school diploma/GED and have been out of school for at least one year.
- Trade/Other – For those individuals seeking a certification or apprenticeship in a trade or technical field.
- Continuing Education -For individuals who already have a degree but are seeking an additional certification, Masters or Doctoral degree.
An applicant MUST meet the following prerequisites at the time of application submission to be eligible for consideration:
- The resident of the City of East Chicago (Provide two proofs of residency: i.e. State/government issued ID, a copy of utility bill, etc.).
- Copy of full FAFSA Report (if applicable)
- Submit a minimum 250 word essay: topic explained in the Scholarship Application.
- Submit two letters of recommendations from individuals (no relatives) that can demonstrate evidence of the student’s character, leadership, and integrity. Where appropriate, letterhead must be used, dated and signed.
2019 General Recipients
21 students were awarded a one time scholarship of $1,500
|Anderson||Yvette||Indiana University Northwest|
|Brown||Aaron||University of Indianapolis|
|Coronado||Yoselin||Indiana University Northwest|
|Gibson||Bria||Prairie State College|
|Lewis||Michael||Purdue University WL|
|Moore||Pablo||Purdue University WL|
|Moore||Sabrina||Ivy Tech Community College|
|Quinones||Luis||Purdue University Global|
|Rancifer||Daria||Indiana Wesleyan University|
|Smith||Brittney||Purdue University NW|
|Winfield||Lynn||Ivy Tech Community College|
|Wright||Tamika||Indiana University Northwest|