These scholarships are provided to adult East Chicago residents who have a high school diploma or GED and are planning to attend an accredited post-secondary educational/trade institution in the specified academic year.
These scholarships fall into three categories:
- Non-Traditional Scholarship -For those individuals who have a high school diploma/GED and have been out of school for at least one year.
- Trade/Other – For those individuals seeking a certification or apprenticeship in a trade or technical field.
- Continuing Education -For individuals who already have a degree but are seeking an additional certification, Masters or Doctoral degree.
An applicant MUST meet the following prerequisites at the time of application submission to be eligible for consideration:
- The resident of the City of East Chicago.
- Copy of full FAFSA Report
- Submit a 250-300 word essay: topic explained in the Scholarship Application.
- Provide two proofs of residency. (i.e. State/government issued ID, a copy of utility bill).
2019 General Recipients
21 students were awarded a one time scholarship of $1,500
|Anderson||Yvette||Indiana University Northwest|
|Brown||Aaron||University of Indianapolis|
|Coronado||Yoselin||Indiana University Northwest|
|Gibson||Bria||Prairie State College|
|Lewis||Michael||Purdue University WL|
|Moore||Pablo||Purdue University WL|
|Moore||Sabrina||Ivy Tech Community College|
|Quinones||Luis||Purdue University Global|
|Rancifer||Daria||Indiana Wesleyan University|
|Smith||Brittney||Purdue University NW|
|Winfield||Lynn||Ivy Tech Community College|
|Wright||Tamika||Indiana University Northwest|