These scholarships are provided to adult East Chicago residents who have a high school diploma or GED and are planning to attend an accredited post-secondary educational/trade institution in the specified academic year.
These scholarships fall into three categories:
- Non-Traditional Scholarship -For those individuals who have a high school diploma/GED and have been out of school for at least one year.
- Trade/Other – For those individuals seeking a certification or apprenticeship in a trade or technical field.
- Continuing Education -For individuals who already have a degree but are seeking an additional certification, Masters or Doctoral degree.
An applicant MUST meet the following prerequisites at the time of application submission to be eligible for consideration:
- The resident of the City of East Chicago.
- Copy of full FAFSA Report
- Submit a 250-300 word essay: topic explained in the Scholarship Application.
- Provide two proofs of residency. (i.e. State/government issued ID, a copy of utility bill).
2018 General Recipients
Continuing Education $1,500
Enrique Rosas Hawaii Pacific University
Raquel Ordaz Indiana University Northwest
Vanessa Martinez PNW
Cristina Quiroz Northwesten
Sabrina Moore PNW
Christopher Boone PNW
Yoselin Coronado Ivy Tech Community College
Gabriel Nava IUN
Deriyana Banks Indiana State University
Mark Feliciano PNW
Mia Pabey Ivy Tech Community College
Teresa Smith Ivy Tech Community College
Victor Rodriguez Calumet College
Madalyn Hurt Liberty
Giovani Quiroz The Crossing
Erin Lewis Ivy Tech Community College
Exton Hurt Ivy Tech Community College
Agustina Cuadra Ivy Tech Community College
Samuel Arjona Ruiz PNW
Omesha Dunn Indiana University Northwest