Do you have a local nonprofit that could benefit from a budget revamp? The Foundations of East Chicago (FEC), in partnership with Ivy Tech Community College, is offering two Budget 101 Workshops this summer for their grantees and other nonprofits in the East Chicago area.
The workshops will take place on July 7 and August 4 from 9 a.m. to noon and will be held at Ivy Tech Community College – East Chicago Campus in room 206F.
These workshops are designed to assist nonprofits with various budgeting challenges so they can be better able to serve the community and the people of East Chicago. Not only will they cover general budgeting topics, but also some subjects pertaining to FEC grantee organizations, specifically.
This variety of budget-related topics will include:
- -Creating an Operating budget
- -Differences between Annual Operating Budgets and Program Budgets
- -How grantees can notify FEC of changes to funded projects
- -Maintaining adequate supporting records
- -Spending grant funds for tax-exempt purposes
While the workshops are free to attend, an RSVP is required as space is limited. For more information, contact FEC at 219-392-4225, or visit www.FoundationsEC.org.