Moms Taking Charge needs additional support to be able to assist the mothers who come to them. Since the women they serve have varying needs, MTC needs a variety of program partners to provide these services.
Here is a list of the program partners and sponsors that assist MTC and what they provide for their clients:
- HealthVision Midwest, Inc. – Safe Sleep program (breast and cervical cancer program)
- Catholic Charities – utility assistance
- North Township – food, utility assistance, rental assistance, clothing voucher, furniture voucher
- WorkOne Indiana – employment services
- Health Link – medical and mental health
- Indiana Community Action Network – energy assistance program, rental assistance
- Hearts In Motion – clothing assistance
- Salvation Army – food, clothing, utilities, rental assistance, spiritual growth
- Center of Hope – medical health
- Haven House – domestic violence
- Jude’s House – domestic violence
- Holistic Coalition – job training
- WIC – nutrition needs for the family
- Geminus Corporation (Community Partners) – utility assistance, rental assistance, clothing voucher, furniture voucher
- Northshore Health Center – medical health services
- Communities in School of Lake County (CISLC) – mentoring program
- East Chicago City Court (Judge Sonya Morris)
With the help of these partners and sponsors and the Foundations of East Chicago, Mothers Taking Charge is able to help mothers and families overcome their challenges.
To learn more about how the programs the Foundations of East Chicago funds, check out our website, find us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.